Wednesday 4 June 2008

The project so far...









Today I visited IKON gallery where I met the year 2 children and their tutor, Kellie Hughes who have been working on this project. The children have been following a number of activities set by Nikki Shaw and James Cangiano from the Education Team at IKON gallery. One of the activities focused on the children exploring what is meant by a 'white space' gallery and what an installation entails. They have been thinking about how artworks can change a space.... which is where I come in!

The children have identified a few sites around their school that they would like to be transformed by installing a permanent work of art. Please see images..... I showed the children a slide show of my work, which received a mixture of wonderful associations, some things being like 'spiders', starfish, worms, even udders and a doctor's stethoscopes! This has got me thinking....


No comments: